- they love spending time with their grand kids
- they've taken our kids, for weekends, before, because they want to. There was one time Ian was upset because he had to leave!
- they're both avid readers - a trait that has filtered down through the generations - and thus they spoil the boys with books
- will help out when we need someone to hang out with the boys
- Kevin's dad has a dry sense of humor, at least I know where Kevin gets his from!
- Kevin's dad worked for the same company most of his career. Though Kevin's been at his current company a long while, he still has a while to go to catch up to his dad!
- Kevin's mom likes to make sure everyone has what they'd like at family meals! She's almost a short order cook, but it's appreciated!
- they love being retired - it gives them plenty of time to travel and to spend with family
Got to love the informal, older photos.
Simon is 3 and 1 week!
Ian is still a new born < 24 hours old!