Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Joy Through Country ~ Music and Dancing

The two go together, greatly, for me.  I have gone through spells, during my life, LOVING country music.  Was a huge Kenny Rogers fan in elementary school.  Had a tape recorder and one of his tapes, think I probably wore the sucker out I played it out.  It was the album that had "Lucille" and "Gambler" on it, among other songs.

I drifted away from it and back again after college and began line dancing to.  Got into the whole out fit too.  Black skirt, with fringe, black boots, denim & black shirt with cut out on the back, belt.  Yup, the whole thing.  Years ago, when Chili's use to be over where Lifeway is now, in downtown Springfield, friends and I would go there for lunch or dinner, then wander into a boot store next door afterward.  Compare prices and probably go over to the boot store in the old Springfield Mall.  This is what happens when you live in one place for close to 40 years.  You remember things like this.  Heck, I can even remember when the Kmart section and "Lifeway" section of stores were not there.  That is where the Springfield Fairgrounds would be!  Hahahaha, I am so dating myself.


Anyway, not a whole lot of photos to add for this post, less I dig out my dance out fit!  I will leave you with a list of my favorite country songs though:
  1.  Amen Kind of Love by Daryle Singletary
  2. Any Man of Mine by Shania Twain
  3. The Beaches of Cheyenne by Garth Brooks
  4. Because Of you By Reba McEntire and Kelly Clarkson
  5. Bless The Broken Road by Rascal Flatts
  6. Blue by LeAnn rimes
  7. Boondocks by Little Big Town
  8. The Devil Went Down To Georgia by The Charlie Daniels Band
  9. Don't Forget to Remember Me by Carrie Underwood
  10. Don't Take the Girl by Tim McGraw
  11. Everywhere by Tim McGraw
  12. Fireflies by Faith Hill
  13. Folsom Prison Blues by Johnny Cash
  14. For A Little While by Tim McGraw
  15. I'm Movin' On by Rascal Flatts
  16. It's Your Love by Tim McGraw
  17. Jesus Take the Wheel by Carrie Underwood
  18. Little Bitty by Alan Jackson
  19. Little Man by Alan Jackson
  20. The Maker Said Taker by Alabama
  21. Mayberry by Rascal Flatts
  22. Meet in The Middle by Diamond Rio
  23. My Wish by Rascal Flatts
  24. Probably Wouldn't be This Way by Leanne Rimes
  25. Remember When by Alan Jackson
  26. Strawberry Wine by Deana Carter
  27. That Ol' Wind by Garth Brooks
  28. Travelin' Soldier by Dixie Chicks
  29. Un Momento Alla by Rick Trevino
  30. Walkaway Joe by Trisha Yearwood
  31. We Danced Anyway by Deana Carter
  32. When You Say Nothing At All by Keith Whitley
  33. Wide Open Spaces by Dixie Chicks
  34. The Woman in Me by Shania Twain
  35. You Were Mine by Dixie Chicks

No comments:

Post a Comment