Monday, September 8, 2014

Joy ~ the next steps

Not sure what the next steps are for my "Joy Discovered" blog.  I've been needing themes to help me focus on the good, the pleasing, the joyful.

In Thesaurus.com, synonyms for Joy are: amusement, bliss, charm, cheer, comfort, delight, elation, glee, humor, pride, satisfaction, and wonder.  I can agree with these, for the most part.  When feeling down, sorrowful, unhappy, it is definitely hard to feel joy or any of it's related words.  Seeing my list of things that bring joy grow, to almost 225 as of yesterday, did bring joy.  Looking through old photos (some really aren't that old), I remember the fun behind those photos.  There might have been work involved, behind the set up of photos, but the end resulted in joy and happiness.

What's next?  I'm pondering one more theme.  Possibly colors, like an 8 crayon box of Crayola Crayons.  You can thank the start of the school year for that and the box of 64 crayons sitting next to me.  Would be hard pressed to find specific things for all 64 shades of crayons ~ 8 seems so much more do able.

Afterwards, I might try to dive into how joy (and related words) are used within the Bible and how it applies to me.  There will be sprinklings of thankfulness in each post as I desire to see my Joyful Things list continue to grow.

Stick around if you like, join me for another journey, or whatever suits you best.  Hope you have a wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment