Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Life, Curve Balls, and Flexibility

So many different ideas for idle chit chat for today's post.  Originally thought of monochromatic because of the sky this morning. It was a light gray with medium gray, wispy clouds!  Had a post started, but it just wasn't working for me.

At this point in the day, the title of this post sums it up best:  Life, Curve Balls, and Flexibility.  Went to bed last night thinking I'd be home all day to get some chores done.  That could not be FURTHER from the truth!  Therapy called, at 7:30 AM, to see if we could come in at 9:00 AM because therapist got days mixed up.  I could have said no and been alright with that, but didn't.  Ran errands I didn't fully expect.  STILL got the carpets cleaned, rug cleaner returned, dip made for Thursday, and am baking cookies for Thursday as well.  Got two kids through the shower (with one working shower), dinner made with no wheat!  And now it is just the in and out of the cookie trays.  Holly, if you ever read this post, you feel my pain.  I am hoping the chips, in the photo below, make it worthwhile!!!  Looking forward to putting the house back together (good grief the rugs are taking FOREVER to dry), a glass of wine, and just relaxing before the mad dash tomorrow!

So my thankfulness for the day would include:
  • fast acting coffee
  • flexibility to adapt to life's changes
  • time to sit and be
  • cleaner carpeting
  • a dog, finally content to be inside (more in and out all day long!)
 Overloaded, chocolate chip cookies
Caramel filled morsels!  Hope they are
worth it!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure they will be worth it! - how about you send me one and I'll let you know if they were worth it or not ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did not last long! One of those grazing foods while waiting on the main course!

      Delete