Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Where is the joy?

Seriously!  Where is it?  I've been trying to be more aware of seeking out the joy, the thanksgiving for awhile now.  Today wasn't difficult, it wasn't trying or tiring; no major battles with teens or tweens.  It was probably the most hum drum kind of day around.

I could rattle off several, insincere things, like: it's bedtime, we have a house, food, money in the bank!  These are all good things.  Things that a lot of folks would love to have.  Don't get me wrong, those things bring joy & peace, but how many times can I lean on those when I haven't been mindful of other joyful things all day long.

The few things that I can think of, with a small ounce of sincerity are:
  • seeing the fall trees through the fog this morning
  • a friend's grand babies arriving today (yeah! a set of twins)
And with those two humble things, I do call it a night.  Trying to restore a sleep deficit here!!  No great pictures to post today!  Wished I'd had the camera earlier today ~ the fog was really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment