Friday, August 29, 2014

Joy Through the Alphabet ~ A Summary

It's the end of the alphabet, but not the end of Joy.  The words joy, joyful, or joyfully are mentioned in the Bible 242 times.  There are pleadings, of the heart, for the joy to return, while others are shouting for joy at His blessings.  There are charges to be joyful in your circumstances.  So much to ponder when doing a word study on "Joy"!

While skimming through some of the entries, these verses seem fitting for where I am, found in Psalm 86:

have mercy on me, Lord,
    for I call to you all day long.
Bring joy to your servant, Lord,
    for I put my trust in you.
You, Lord, are forgiving and good,
    abounding in love to all who call to you.

I have been needing to call upon Him each and everyday.  The journey is far from over, nor is finding the joy.

In the coming days, I'll be sharing the Joy in family followed by the seasons.  This will be a short stretch and hopefully long enough to find another series to work through.  Suggestions are always welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment