Been a rough week here (lol, among others picture perfect, Facebook worthy, costume & pumpkin posts). Everyone's sleep cycle has been off. We're all a bit more edgy, a bit more cranky. Something might snap. Trying to find the joyful things and things to be thankful for has been hard. I've wanted to skip a few days in a row. Just not worry about the good things.
Thing is, writing seems to help me remember the good and joyful things. Not that anyone is expecting a post a day, but at some level, it feels like I am accountable to get a post out a day. It keeps me looking for something to be joyful about.
So today, before I crash early (and get to sleep in tomorrow), here are my things for the day:
- wispy clouds in a blue sky
- Fiddler on the Roof is almost here, making for two happy kids
- trying to make jam again (think I might have failed again, but really don't care at this point)
- not being worried at how long school took
- Hobbit references to our eating habits today
The back of NVPLayer's Fall 2014
Clouds outside my front door
I leave you with these questions to ponder and answer if you care:
When life is feeling rough, how do you focus in on the joyful things and on gratitude? How do you not compare yourself to others?