Monday, October 20, 2014

Flooded by Memories today . . . .

Took a quick trip to Target today, without anyone, to only pick up a partial prescription.  It was a wonderful trip.  So many memories flooded my memory, it was like sitting with old friends, but just by myself.  Pandora was playing and "Faith Like a Child" by Jars of Clay came on.  It reminded me of the time around 1996, our church that we attended then, the youth group kids, but mostly a few of the girls who've grown up into lovely moms.  So hard to believe, these teen girls are all married and have or having kids!  Looking back, it's hard to believe it's been about 18 years!

Coming out of Target, saw a mom and little toddler boy, in a hooded jacket.  I can only speculate, but I am guessing the little boy didn't want to hold mom's hand, so she did what I remember doing with our kids, hold the hood!  Works and the child has a small sense of freedom.

Got to listen to a few other songs on Pandora on the way home!  One, 10,000 Reasons, by Matt Redman came on.  I hope to reach 10,000 reasons to find joy!  For the here and now, the today:

  • fond memories of teenage girls
  • same girls turning into proud moms of some great little kids
  • moms of those same girls ~ are some wonderful ladies
  • moms with toddlers
  • music
  • colorful trees

No comments:

Post a Comment