Sunday, May 22, 2016

Back to Sunday . . .

. . . in this stretch of blogging.  Last Sunday mulled over how I might keep thing interesting here.  One was sharing my knitting.  My latest idea, which I haven't followed up on, is the Sky Scarf.  Still looking into it; will follow through, but kinda thankful I haven't started just yet.  We're in unusual raining season ~ that scarf would have a lot of gray!  :)

The knitting of the day has been plugging away at this "Three Way Wrap" I found over at Raverly.  I am actually ripping out a sweater I knit about 8 years ago and had worn once in that time.  I just didn't like it, at all.  The color and yarn are fine, just the style of sweater, for me, was all wrong.  Hoping this will be a better thing for me.  Wanted something easy to make and didn't want to spend money on it.

Here's what I have so far:
sorry about the blurry spot at the bottom
need to clean the lense well!


It is 33 inches long, so I have another 24" to go according to the directions.  Think I have enough yarn, hope so anyway.  Haven't settled on buttons yet, but have some time.

Most of today has been pretty good.  Seeing friends, going to church, baking banana bread, making meatballs, and a lot of knitting.  Run down of the joy would be:
  • catching up with a "kindered sole"
  • seeing glimmers of our kids totally happy and content
  • spending time in the kitchen
  • smells of homemade banana bread and meatballs (but not at the same time)
  • lazy dinner because my energy was spent on the above
  • playing in water while it rained
  • lots of time knitting
  • watching "This Old House" and "Ask This Old House" with our oldest, reminds me of times with my dad
  • making time to blog, today it feels good ~ not a chore
  • an audio book comes coming, through local library (get to add to the reading tab here)
What has brought you joy lately?  Time alone?  Time with friends?  Crafts?  Share your joy!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment